Industries, Businesses and Institutions (ICI)
Industries, businesses and institutions (ICI) are also covered by the Quebec Residual Materials Management Policy. The policy requires this sector to recuperate, by 2008, 95% of metals and glass, 70% of plastics, 70% of fibres (including wood), 60% of compostable materials and 85% of tires.
Here are a few solutions to increase your establishment’s recuperation performance.
- Take part in your municipality’s recycling pick up or sign a contract with a private contractor;
- Consult the Quebec directory of recuperators, recyclers and reusers;
- Organize zero waste meetings and events;
- Get an ICI on Recycle certification;
- Does your company or institution perform well in recycling? Let everyone know and be recognized by Recyc-Québec;
- Promote the ecological lunch box.